Got up a bit early because I forgot to draw the curtains the previous night. So I went out to get the Out of Reach geocache, which is only a few miles from the hotel. Didn't see the cache. Then JBadger arrived on the scene, having chosen the exact same cache to tackle this morning. So we searched around a bit more and then he spotted the cache. Yay! After breakfast, I came back to the hotel and attended the opening ceremonies. It was a brief event and as the theme is "Summer Games", they had a fursuiter come in carrying a torch to light the flame on stage . Then it was time to check my stuff into the Art Show. This year, it is on the lobby level instead of lower lobby. Hung out in The Zoo for a while to use the wireless network and then I went to the Charity Auction area to hand off the rugs and pillows to rigelkitty and zenwolph, who were manning the area, and then to the Dealer's Den to do a bit of shopping. Bought some comics and magnets. Also a book that a dealer was selling for a dollar. (Could always make it a bookcrossing book if I don't like it. :) ) After lunch, I came back, wandered around and found myself in the Iron Author panel. I was surprised to receive a sheet of plot ingredients and their respective point values. Looks like the attendees are the ones competing. Wish I had time to write this although I did bang out part of a possible story on my laptop while watching the Funday Pawpet Show , which was the next event. Dinner was a little late so there were only the dances after that. Once again, got out the coyote suit , put it on and joined in. Met bennetfox, pandaguy and tjcoyote there. Also ran into titanrouge, quentincoyote, film2edit, isfacat, gatorman_295 and jess_k earlier in the day. And bigbluefox and rcoony are here now.