1) What is your favorite noise to hear?
It's funny, but I find that fake cash register sound at the Wawa stores rather amusing.
2) If you could live in any era of time, what would you choose and why?
The future. Because after all the riots, real estate crash, peak oil, flu pandemic, UNIX time_t rollover problem, and coming ice age, things will settle down and be less exciting. And I also want to see what people of the future do with caves.
3) You just found $50 while cleaning your house. Where do you decide to spend it?
I think I'll buy a scanner. :)
4) What magazines to you subscribe to/read on a normal basis?
I get a bunch of complimentary subscriptions: eWeek, Infoworld, Computerworld, Software Development, Dr. Dobb's Journal.
5) If you could witness any event in history, but not change anything about it, what would you choose and why?
I want to see when Manhattan was purchased for beads because boy, real estate sure got a lot more expensive since those days!
1. Have you ever been to the ocean?
2. When is the last time you wore a swimsuit?
I don't think it was even the 21st century at that time.
3. Do you respect people more for staying through difficult times or knowing when to call it quits?
What's even better is knowing when to do one or the other.
4. Name a TV show that made a huge splash in the beginning, but has since gone downhill:
Uhh... one day I'll actually watch some TV and let you know.
5. Have you ever eaten shark?
Yes. Shark's fin soup.
They got the part for the glove box so I brought the car back to the service department this morning. Had to go to work, so I got a loaner car, which is a newish Toyota Camry. (which I'm told is a rather popular model) Got a call this afternoon. Apparently, the glove box is such a sophisticated and mystical piece of equipment that only one service technician is qualified to work on it and that fellow was out sick. So I'll be keeping the loaner for one more day.