Today, I went looking around in the back room. There's a lot of old computer stuff there:
- Gravis Gamepad from 1991!
- Borland Sidekick 1.0 on a single 3-1/2" diskette from 1994. (When was the last time you had retail software that fit on a single diskette? Also, there's a letter in this package saying that I won the software in a WABC radio contest.)
- Norton Backup on a 5-1/4" floppy disk. (I no longer have the hardware to check if it is still readable.)
- A box full of cables, speakers, mice, etc, retained from old computers. I probably intended to reuse those after upgrading.
- A 2400 baud Wang internal modem. (Remember Wang Laboratories?)
A while ago, I received a postcard from USPS saying that post offices now have expanded hours until 7pm on weekdays. I went to the nearest post office this evening but it was closed. Now I see from their post office locator that the late hours are only at the Pearl River, Hillsdale, and Westwood locations. Oh well. I can go to the Pearl River post office another evening.