Today, I installed K-MeleonCCF 0.04 Beta3. This build is quite good. Beta1 was the previous good version. Then Beta2 broke a bunch of things in the bookmarks and URL bar. And now, Beta3 fixes all those problems, as far as I can tell. Anyway, one new feature is the addition of luamacros, a plugin that lets you write K-Meleon macros in Lua. Yeah, I know... have to learn yet another scripting language. *grumble, grumble* Fortunately, the basics of Lua are easy to grasp and I got up to speed quickly by reading the online copy of Programming in Lua.
Anyway, I rewrote a few macros in Lua. I think the result is quite readable compared to these macros, which were written in the built-in macro language. The latter are more concise though. However, the Lua version of the macros should be able to handle certain unusual conditions better, e.g. weird characters in web page titles and URLs.
Boy, it sure is getting icy outside.