1. What is your favorite specialty restaurant (Italian, Mexican, Thai, etc.)?
2. What do you order to eat there?
Right now, I would go for the Chinese New Year specials. In fact, I'll do that tomorrow.
3. What is your favorite specialty food or dish to cook?
Bacon. And then hot dogs fried in bacon grease. And then eggs fried in bacon grease.
4. If you could travel to the home country of your favorite specialty food, what would you do there?
Probably end up getting shaved bald and doing naked ear squats in the prison of a corrupt police precinct.
5. What is your worst experience with a specialty food restaurant?
One time, I went to a Thai restaurant in Washington DC, and every dish there was normal food, only peanut-flavored to make it Thai-like.
1. Any plans to watch the Super Bowl?
I don't normally watch TV at all, so no.
2. Friday or Saturday: Which is a better date night?
Why doesn't anyone like Thursday night? Whatever mess is going on at home, it's often done by that weekday night.
3. Do you do anything special on the weekends that you don't do during the week?
Nah, it happens any day of the week now.
4. Where do you get your news from?
These days... mostly blogs.
5. Kevin, Norm, Colin, Jimmy, Tina or Amy?
What are three...
1. ... movies which you can watch over and over again?
The Matrix. Why not? I've already watched that twice.
An American Tail
Groundhog Day. Although if I get caught in the time loop, I'll have to watch it again and again until I learn the true meaning of... ummm... Groundhog Day.
2. ... TV shows that you would buy a complete DVD set of, if you could?
Probe. It was a pretty amazing show, but I don't remember most of it.
V because pulling latex masks off reptile aliens is fun. (Wait a minute. A DVD of this series does exist.)
Shadow Chasers, a show about the paranormal that predates The X-Files.
3. ... CDs which you'd take with you on a long trip?
I have no idea. I usually just listen to local radio, whether talk or music.
4. ... actors/actresses whose bad movies you can sit through from beginning to end?
I try not to watch bad movies.
5. ... things you would never eat?
From the blogosphere...
Shaving bald 11 mostly senior citizens in Kajang
Malaysian police are out of control. First, there was squatgate. Now, shavegate?
Mysterious Things I Have Eaten
He ought to try shrimp crackers instead of shrimp chips. I think those are pretty good.
Monitoring the 'Mad Money' Madness
Okay, this is the reason why I stopped following Cramer's stock picks a long time ago. There are a bunch of CramerSheep who flock into any stock he recommends. They will even bid it up after hours, so the next day it gaps up above my limit order. The NMT/NMTI example in the article shows how insane this has become: They didn't even realize that they were buying the wrong security! This has eerie parallels to the height of the tech stock mania, when a few words from the likes of Henry Blodget or Abby Cohen could send stocks soaring.
And finally... from Moneyization, Part 20:
Those factories are not being moth balled, they are to be liquidated. The machine tools and conveyor belts will not be sitting there waiting for the dollar to revalue, but rather will be loaded on trucks and hauled away. The factories will be bulldozed, and grass planted so the deer and bunnies again have a place to have sex.That's an article on structural deficits?? :)