How can you have any pudding if you don't do your taxes?

Stayed up last night to finalize my tax returns. The Federal tax return was 99% complete already. I only had to enter a few last-minute 1099 corrections. (Gee, thanks Ameritrade.) The state return was a breeze with only a small bit of data entry for items the Federal return didn't deal with. So the final tally for the tax refunds was: Federal -$477 and State -$510. Yeah, I'm surprised that state is worse than the Federal too, but there's a reason for that. So I wrote checks for those. Also wrote some checks for estimated taxes, both Federal and state. (NJ State actually has an E-check facility so I used that.) So I should be completely paid off on everything for now. Mailed everything this morning.

Then I called Numeric (actually PFPC, their transfer agent) to see about withdrawing my excess IRA contribution. They informed me that there's a special form for that and they faxed it over. In addition to the expected option for receiving a check in that amount, I also saw an option on the form to redeposit the excess contribution as a current year contribution in the same IRA. Great. That way I don't have to deal with it, although this may mean that I won't be able to add anything to the IRA the rest of the year.

Took the afternoon off to go to lupine_fox's meet in Quakertown, PA. Of course, I picked up a few geocaches along the way:



Easy Mystery Cache (New Jersey )
Mount Hope Historical Park in Mount Hope. World's easiest puzzle cache. :)

D&F's Favorite Walk (New Jersey)
Columbia Trail in High Bridge.

Christmas City TB Lodge - Reservations Required (Pennsylvania )
Saucon Park in Bethlehem. This is a replacement for the cache that was taken apart by the bomb squad a while back. This new one is in a different location and probably even more clever.

Industrial Arts (Pennsylvania)
Strip mall in Quakertown at an interesting sculpture.

There's also another one that I'm not sure I found because all I saw was a magnet stuck to a metal plate at the bottom of a park bench leg. We shall see if the cache has gone missing.



Then finally, I went to lupine_fox's meet at his home. Also there were byzantyndragon, skippyfox, shortwave81, akina16, and many others whose livejournal userids are not familiar to me. We had garlic bread, meatballs and spaghetti.