New Jersey budget deal reached
Sales tax is going up to 7%. The extra money's already spoken for, but I doubt they'll be able to raise the projected amount because of two side-effects of the tax hike. Firstly, families that are already financially marginal will not spend 1% more on the sales tax. Instead, they'll just make do with less. We've seen some people (not as many as I hoped, but there are some) cut back on spending as gas prices went up. Well, the same thing will happen to some extent when the sale tax goes up. Secondly, some of the sales tax is raised from people coming over from New York City and State to shop in Northern NJ. That's because the sales tax is higher in NY State. So if the sales tax differential narrows, some of them may decide to shop at home instead.
I have to admit that I never took a look at the State of NJ Kids Website until the state government shutdown. Well...
What on earth are they? A bunch of aliens? New Jersey - Where only the mutated survive? :)
This evening, I visited the Do You Sudoku? geocache at Towaco Station in Towaco. Despite its name, it didn't require solving a Sudoku puzzle. It was also quite easy to find, so I didn't have to use any mutant powers. :)
After that, I had a Close Talker at Moe's, a mutant restaurant.
Not a mutation, although some may disagree: Here's a note on the Limpidity Yearbook availability.
1. When you were a child, what was your favorite game to play?
Monopoly. (and also Risk)
2. What is your favorite game to play right now?
3. Can you share a good story about playing with others or yourself?
One time I won a game of Scrabble by making the word "asses" from "ass". Then the person whom I was playing with said "You and your asses." And that was funny for some reason.
4. What do you do for play time fun now?
5. If you were able to invent a game, what would you call it?
1. Have you ever had an addiction?
2. Are you afraid of the dark?
Only in unfamiliar places.
3. What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?
4. Have you ever been to the circus?
Yes. It wasn't that great.
5. What do you think of North Korea testing nuclear weapons?
It's time to liberate Kim Jong-Il's Daffy Duck video collection.