This afternoon, I noticed that Main Street in Ramsey was closed off. In addition, there were lots of people in full dress uniforms walking down the street. I used a backdoor route to get to Quiznos and then I went online to check the news. Turns out that it was a funeral for a firefighter from Ramsey. Truly a fitting tribute for a noble individual tragically taken away in the prime of his life.
Got a wild george from Nebraska, originating from someone who has actually entered more bills than I!
1) This is the 1st of September, what do you want to accomplish by the 31st?
Well... I see 2 mascot gigs and 5 geocaching events on the calendar. Bring it on! And oh, I want to find my parents' keys. Haha!
2) What does September make you think about or feel?
It used to be the month I took vacations down in Virginia Beach, until I got a hurricane on my birthday! Then... well, I moved those trips to December.
3) September is the ninth month; can you name nine memories so far from this year?
1. Penguin Plunge, first mascot gig.
2. Kids Expo
3. Getting the news that fellow geocacher Helmut had passed away.
4. Geocache #5000 at Watchung Reservation
5. Breakfast event at the Lincoln Hotel in Bethlehem, PA, where I heard the story about the bomb squad from the person who placed the ill-fated geocache.
7. LI Ducks Mascot Day
8. Where's George gathering at the Tun Tavern in Atlantic City. Then geocaching the next day, which ended when the police drove up onto the boardwalk at Ocean City to tell me to leave.
9. Second trip to Centralia.
There are many more, of course.
4) What does September have in common with three other months and can you name them?
Exactly 30 days in the month, just like April, June, and November.
5) The first weekend in September signals the end of summer for many even though it doesn't really end for weeks. When does summer end for you?
October. In previous years, there have been some hot days way into September.