Tried two new food items today. Panera Bread sent me a coupon for a free Crispani. So I went there (just across the street from work) for lunch and had a Sweet Sausage and Apple Crispani. Since Crispanis are only available after 4pm, it was a rather late lunch. The Crispani was pretty good. It's an upscale version of a thin-crust pizza. If it were not for the coupon, it'd have been rather pricey though. This one is priced at $8.99!
The second item I tried was a Clam Chowder Bread Bowl at Quiznos in Ramsey. (also with a coupon, of course :) ) Since lunch was late, dinner was even later. I got there a mere half an hour before closing time. Anyway, this bread bowl is okay too although I didn't encounter any chewy clam bits.
d4b posted a link yesterday to this article about Microsoft's new Office Live service, where they offer free webhosting, including a free domain name. (Yes, I was suspicious about that too, but their FAQ says the domain will be registered under your name, not Microsoft's.) Well, since the price was right, I signed up for the service and whipped up this site fairly quickly using their templates. The downside is a lack of flexibility. You're limited to using their designs and web parts, which do not have very many configurable options. Also, their website manager/editor works only in IE. (which is to be expected because after all, this is Microsoft) The web pages seem to render fine in browsers other than IE, although I make no guarantees about the quality of the underlying HTML and CSS.
I also banged out a PHP/WAP mobile application for class from start to (almost) finish in just a few hours. Not wanting to be stuck doing that this weekend is a powerful motivator! It's also a good thing that I haven't forgotten much PHP even though I haven't coded in that language in quite a while.
1) Tell us about where you live:
It's a nice area but the real estate is very overpriced. The police get called more often for auto accidents than for burglaries.
2) If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be?
Move it to a place where it isn't 100°F in the summer.
3) Do you do laundry on a regular schedule?
4) Describe the place that you sleep:
It's just a mattress on the floor.
5) This morning: was it easy or difficult to start the day?
Best morning in quite a while. I woke up early and was productive right away.
1) What was the first CD/Record/Album/Artist you ever bought and what format was it in? (Vinyl/Cassette/CD/MP3 Download)?
I don't remember, but it was a CD. (or maybe a savings account :) )
2) How do you usually listen to music? (iPod/Walkman/Stereo/Radio)
3) What is your favorite genre of music and why?
Whatever genre it is that Jack-FM plays.
4) What is your opinion on music video shows and music televion?
I don't watch those.
5) Do you usually agree with who the winners of the Grammy Awards are?
I didn't watch the Grammy Awards.