This afternoon, I went to nearby Blauvelt for the JB Clarke #3 geocache. It was on the Joseph B. Clarke Rail Trail, a railroad where the tracks had been removed to turn into a trail. Even though the original path of the railroad was easy to see on the topo map, I missed the trailhead somehow. So instead, I parked at a strip mall just north of the rail trail and accessed the cache area via what appeared to be an old road that had also turned to a dirt path. Aside from that detail, it was an easy cache and dash.
1. Have you ever considered running away from home?
No. There wasn't a point in doing so.
2. Have you ever actually run away from home? (If so, for how long?)
3. What would make you want to run away from home?
If a natural disaster was about to hit this area, then I might run away from home.
4. What would you do if a friend ran away to your house?
Uhh... he'd take a look at it and run back! :)
5. If you were going to run away from home, where would you go?
Virginia Beach. If I were going to run away, might as well go where I can get Hardee's, Long John Silver's, Wawa, and good thrift-store shopping all in the same town!
1. What is your favorite (toy) stuffed animal?
2. What do you think of stuffed animals as gifts?
Make sure the recipient likes stuffed animals. Not everyone does.
3. What do you do with a stuffed animal you don't want?
I've given some away to charity auctions at conventions.
4. What are your thoughts on the whole Beanie Babies craze of the nineties?
Good geocache swag.
5. How many stuffed animals do you own?
I had over 100. Then I gave some away, as in question #3, but I haven't done a recount since then.
1. Do you dance?
No, except in fursuit. Then I dance very badly.
2. Would you consider yourself religious?
No. However, back in the old country, you had to declare your religion on government forms and atheism was not given as one of the choices. So I'm a non-practicing Buddhist. For example, it means that I agree with the Second Noble Truth that desire is the cause of suffering but I still desire anyway. :)
3. Do you talk about politics?
4. When is the last time you asked for forgiveness?
I don't remember. I was thinking about doing that recently for being a tad overboard in calling someone out on his bragging about his poorly thought-out geocache placement but I didn't actually feel like I was in the wrong.
5. Friday fill-in:
I'm holding out for ___.