I actually had no idea what to get for dinner, but then I saw that Ramsey's Farm in Ramsey once again had sushi at 50% off. I guess they have that special almost every evening now. So I got a tuna avocado roll and an eel rice bowl.
I also went clothes shopping because of the colder weather and because all my jackets were getting worn out and threadbare. Other than something fleece that I found there, ye olde discount clothing store didn't have anything I liked so I'll have to make a trip to Target one evening.
From Five on Friday:
1. They say elephants never forget. Would you compare your memory to that of an elephant or gnat?
I'd probably forget what I did last week if I didn't have photographs and journal entries. :)
2. What kinds of things do you find it easy to remember?
Locations of Wawa stores. I wish I didn't waste so much brain space remembering those.
3. What kinds of things do you find it difficult to remember?
Names of people I don't see very often. That is unfortunate because it would be very useful to be able to remember.
4. How does your short-term memory compare to your long-term memory?
I have memory? :)
5. How do you commit things to memory? Do you use tricks, songs, images, word associations, or other little mnemonics?
I used to have mnemonics for certain things but I don't do that any more. Nowadays, either I remember it or I look it up online.
1. Did you celebrate Halloween?
Yes and no. Yes, if you count FurFright as a pre-Halloween Halloween-like celebration, but no, I didn't do anything special on that day itself.
2. Do you like to dress in costume?
No, it's the worst thing in the world to do!!
3. Favorite chocolate?
Kit Kat bars.
4. Best scary movie?
Well, okay, I haven't watched very many movies.
5. Friday fill-in:
____ scares me.
Monetary inflation, especially the end-game of hyperinflation, under a fiat currency regime.
From the altfriday5:
1. What's in your medicine cabinet?
I don't use it. For reasons unknown, all the pills and medications are in the kitchen cabinet.
2. What's in your wallet?
Too many discount cards.
3. What's in your bag/briefcase/backpack/purse?
Two GPS receivers, PDA, LED flashlight, camera, scissors, compass, batteries, pen, travel bugs.
4. What's in your glove box?
Vehicle manual, vehicle registration and insurance card, NasalCease, spare glasses, tire pressure gauge, NYS-DEC hiking permit.
5. What's in your imagination?
Shadow people and Friday Five answers.