This afternoon, I went to Manny Weldler Park in Monsey for the One That Got Away geocache. It was a rainy day today but the rain stopped when I got to the park so I didn't get wet. This one was a tricky hide although the hint and the name of the cache put together make it pretty clear what you're looking for.
After that, I had to get some takeout lunch so I went to Pathmark for their salad bar. I had a coupon for $3 off a $10 purchase at the Pathmark deli. Since the salad bar is part of their deli, I thought why not? $10 is about 2.5lbs of food though, so I actually got enough for two meals! This is what I got. No egg salad at the salad bar this time though because Pathmark may have wised up to the pricing discrepancy I noted earlier. Even that wasn't quite enough. When I went to checkout, it only came up to $9.78, so the self-checkout machine wouldn't take the coupon. But the lady at the courtesy counter let me have the $3 off anyway. They're cool like that.
A little Friday frivolity: Stand-up Economist
(Borrowed from Get Rich Slowly)
And now, for more Friday frivolity (or Friday pointlessness :) ):
From Five on Friday:
1. If you're only as old as you feel, how old are you?
Anywhere from 25 to 1000, depending on circumstances.
2. What habits, traits, or behaviors to you engage in that might be considered too young for you? Which might be considered a trait of someone older than you?
Younger: Eating habits. Still eat like someone who's in college.
Older: Shopping. Honestly, only retirees should spend this much time on coupons!
3. Do you ever wish you were a different age than you are now? Why?
I think I could get some senior discounts if I were 55. :)
4. Do you deliberately behave or dress a certain way to appear or feel younger than you are? How about older?
No, because who would I be fooling?
5. What is your *real* age?
1. Who do you owe?
Monetarily, no one. Intangibly, lots.
2. What do you wait for?
A correction, so I can deploy more idle cash.
3. What do you disguise?
Myself. When I do a mascot gig.
4. Tell us a lie:
Answers to Friday Five are very interesting.
5. Friday fill-in:
I can't get enough of ___.
... that Golden Crisp. :)
1. What's something that's hanging from your ceiling?
2. What's something that's hanging on your wall?
3. What's something that's hanging in your closet?
A bunch of shirts I apparently never wear any more. Also, the unicorn costume.
4. What's hanging from your rear-view mirror? (for those without cars, what's something hanging from the rear-view mirror of a car you've recently ridden in?)
5. What have you been hanging onto for too long?
Hundreds of things. Really. People ask me when I'm going to clean up my place but I never know when I'll need the clam shells that I picked up at LBI.
1. Do you (or if you have them, did you) want children?
2. In reference to 1: why or why not?
(Borrowed from simbab)
3. How sure are you or were you of that choice? Why or why not?
The way I am, I'd probably drive my kids crazy and vice versa.
4. Could you be or could you have been persuaded otherwise (e.g., if your partner(s) felt differently)? Why or why not?
5. Did anyone ever try to persuade you otherwise? If so, tell us a bit about it.
No one that I remember.
1. What is something you collect? Why?
Coins. Because they have value. Not that the silver in silver dimes is enough to protect me from raging inflation, but it helps.
I've also been saving postcards that I got through Postcrossing.
2. If you could make one ice cream flavor, what would the ingredients be and what would be the name?
Fried fish ice cream. I may never have to eat anything else again.
3. What can't you go a day without?
Food, water, air.
4. What position do you sleep in? *back, right side, left side, stomch...ETC*
Mostly on my back, I think. I don't know what happens after I fall asleep.
5. What is your typical morning routine before work/school?
Refresh Where's George.
Check geocache listings.
Check Google Reader.
Well, darn, it's night already! :)