Stayed home today, so it was a day for catching up on various things that I neglected because I'd not been home. Replied to email and postal mail. Did some year-end accounting and financial planning. (Yeah, I know. Accounting on Christmas Day? Very Scrooge-like.) Did some tax planning, although unless I can pull a capital loss out of my butt, I really can't do anything other than estimate how much I'll need to pay at tax time. Also checked Prosper and put in two more bids on loans. Still no delinquencies, so it's doing okay.
Just noticed that Consumerist used my photo here. It's a picture of a Staples store in Bloomsburg, PA, which I took while on my way to Anthrocon in Pittsburgh back in July. I went geocaching in nearly every town along I-80.
Thanks to digeri, hunterwolf, marauderosu, and skorzy for Christmas cards.
What I got for Christmas:
- Two ammo cans. (Thanks to Connecticut geocachers.)
- Two LED flashlights. (Thanks to Connecticut and Delaware geocachers.)
What I bought for myself:
- Lenovo Thinkpad R61e (Thanks to IBM for providing a set of coupon/discount codes.)
- Domino the Dalmatian. (Also in the same picture as above. It was a clearance item at Tuesday Morning, the store not the time period.)
- 4 nights of lodging in Newark, DE. (Thanks to Expedia for the $50 holiday discount.)
- Friends of Where's George renewal.
- Domain names renewal. (found some GoDaddy coupon codes at RetailMeNot, so I might as well take care of this early in December)
Hope you're all having a good holiday season too.