1. Have you ever stayed in a hostel? If so, where? Did you like it? If you haven't stayed in a hostel, would you?
No, I've never tried one.
2. What is your favo(u)rite airport that you've been to? Why?
I don't like airports, but if I had to choose, I was impressed with Changi International in Singapore. Very modern, at least for the era in which I last visited that airport, and I had a fighting chance of finding food there that wasn't bland.
3. What is the best museum you have visited on vacation?
I haven't been going to museums while on vacation. I liked the Museum of Natural History in NYC, but I visited that museum only back when I lived in Manhattan, not while I was on vacation.
4. Have you ever made friends while traveling whom you keep in touch with on a regular basis?
5. Have you ever had a conversation with a seatmate on a plane?
I don't remember.
1. Are you married?
2. When do your claws come out?
All the time. See? I did it again.
3. Have you ever been in a car accident?
Yes, a number of times. With deer. With trees. With large rocks. With other vehicles.
4. Who is the last person you held?
Been a while. I don't remember.
5. Describe a time you've gone overboard:
Well, there was that time I fell into a stream and got everything wet, including my cell phone, which I had to dry out for a few days before I could use it again.
1. What's the last movie you saw?
How the grinch stole Christmas. Watched that one while in Delaware.
2. Are you gentle?
3. Do you sleep with your bedroom door shut?
Not usually. I live alone so there's no need to shut it.
4. What's your middle name?
Technically, I don't have one.
5. Friday fill-in:
I could learn to like ___.
letterboxing. (but not while there are still geocaches to find)
From the altfriday5:
1. Do you like to cook or bake?
If it involves a microwave oven, sure.
2. If so, what are your favorite things to cook? If not, do you do it anyway (out of necessity or other reasons)?
Roti prata with split pea soup. Bacon. Eggs and hot dogs fried in oil from the bacon.
3. Whatever your level of cooking skill, how/where did you learn it?
I cook mostly one-step items so there's nothing to learn, really. But I did pick up a tip or two from my parents. I've also tried recipes from books but I don't do that often.
4. Would you rather cook only for yourself, for yourself and a friend, or for a crowd? Why?
For myself. I wouldn't subject even an enemy to this kind of cuisine. :)
5. Do you wish you had opportunity/need to cook more or less in your daily life?
Less cooking leaves more time for everything else.
From Five on Friday:
1. Do you commute to work or another place (gym, playgroup, school, etc) on a regular basis? Do you drive, walk, take public transportation, or car pool?
Yes. Drive, although I really shouldn't be lazy and walk.
2. How far is your commute and how long does it usually take you to get there?
1.5 miles. 5 minutes.
3. What kind of traffic do you usually deal with during your commute?
Well, sometimes there's traffic on that one road. Also have to wait for school busses.
4. Do you prefer commuting shorter distances at slower speeds, longer distances at higher speeds, or some mix of the two?
I prefer to not commute.
5. What is your commuting nightmare or worry?
That I would have to commute.
From Five on Friday:
1. What foods do you associate with this time of year?
Festive fried fish
Steak and mushrooms, and more fried fish
Ham and baked beans
Chicken wing, bread, egg, string beans, and cucumber (What was I thinking?)
And of course the desserts
2. Which of them are your favorites? Your least favorites?
3. What traditional (or nontraditional) holiday foods do you make or buy every year?
I often have sushi around or shortly after New Year's Day.
4. Are you more likely to overindulge or abstain from seasonal treats?
I eat as much as I usually do.
5. With all of the high-calorie temptations at this time of year, how do you manage your diet?
When did I ever manage my diet? :)
1. What is your fave thing about Christmas?
Good geocaching events this time of year.
2. Did you believe in Santa Clause? If so, what was the best gift from him?
I don't remember when I stopped believing. It was a long time ago.
3. Do you have a Christmas Tree? Ribbon, Angel, Star or ______ on Top?
4. Best stocking stuffer you got?
No stocking to stuff.
5. Wishing for a White Christmas?
No. It makes geocaching harder.
From the altfriday5:
1. How long is the night tonight where you are (i.e., when are sunset and dawn)?
14 hours 47 minutes.
2. Do you have any plans to mark the occasion? If yes, what are they?
Get some sleep maybe.
3. How does the changing amount of daylight affect you?
After it gets dark, I have to switch over to geocaches that are not in wooded areas, although it depends on where I am. Some parks don't have restricted hours.
4. How much exposure to daylight do you generally get at this time of year?
5. During the darker months, do you supplement the lack of daylight somehow (e.g. with vitamins or special lights)?
No, I get enough sunlight as it is.