I went to look for benchmark LY2904, which is inside of a truck parking area in the circle of a highway ramp in Spring Valley. However, there appears to be some construction going on there. Of course, I didn't go and check under the concrete beams. I'll return to this one another time.
The post office now has 94-cent stamps, so I got two panes of those. I also went to the Garden State Parkway rest stop for more postcards. I'd thought about quitting Postcrossing after the postal rate hike but it's still one of my cheaper hobbies so play on!
And finally, I dropped Vaalco Energy. With support from crude oil prices, this stock still has quite a bit of room to run, but I think the easy money has already been made and I don't trust management enough (recent proxy fight and lawsuit drama) to continue holding the stock when its valuation is significantly above the industry average. Proceeds from the sale go towards gas money, of course. :)
1. What's something people do in public that really annoys you, even though it's probably not a big deal?
Spit on the sidewalk. Yuck.
2. How readily do you ask strangers to stop their annoying behavior?
I'd rather avoid them than do that.
3. What's something you do in public that probably annoys others?
Take too long at the supermarket self-checkout machine.
4. What's your theory about why it's so easy to get annoyed when one is behind the wheel of a vehicle?
When you're driving, you objectify other people on the road. You're less tolerant because you don't see them as people.
5. What regular, minor annoyance have you learned to tolerate?
Griefers on Flickr.
1. When was the last time you had your hands in dirt?
Last weekend at Filthy Insane before I saw that the cache wasn't actually in the dirt.
2. When was the last time you had your hands in clay?
Last year, maybe.
3. When was the last time you had your feet in mud?
Last weekend, at This Pond Has A Name? It was very muddy.
4. When was the last time you had your feet in sand?
Some time during the winter. Beach geocache.
5. What part of your life could use a serious cleansing?
My place. I'm reducing inventory bit by bit.
1. What's your weather?
This weekend is likely to be hot and sunny.
2. Where are you on your way to?
Geojamboree at Kettletown State Park in Connecticut.
3. Are you good with directions?
No. Give me coordinates.
4. Do you know your neighbors?
Some of them.
5. What do you smell?
Nothing at the moment.
1. if you had to participate in one olympic event what would it be and why?
2. what is the one song you always sing along to?
The Twitter is down song. :)
3. do you wear a seatbelt in the car?
4. car, suv or truck and why?
SUV. I think dirt roads ruined my previous car.
5. are you a good/bad drive? explain
1. What creative things are you doing?
Answering Friday Five. :)
2. What motivates or enables you to get them done?
3. What creative things do you want to be doing, but aren't?
Hundreds and hundreds of things that I don't have time for, but I'm answering Friday Five at least. :)
4. What stops you from doing them?
5. Are you distressed at the thought of the things you aren't doing? Why or why not? If yes, how do you deal with this distress?
No. Well, seriously, I haven't had time to post too many photos this week. That is distressing. I'll just go hide out on Friendfeed or Plurk or whatever. :)