1. What was the last thing you purchased from a vending machine?
It's been a while so I don't remember. Most likely, it was chips of some sort.
2. What was the last thing you made copies of on a photocopier?
Drugstore receipt for filing a flex account claim.
3. When did you last use a pay telephone?
To actually call someone: More than a decade ago. To find a geocache on: Monday evening.
4. How often do you visit an automatic teller machine?
Less than once a month. I usually go to the bank teller so that I can get tens and fives instead of twenties.
5. Which of your daily tasks would you most like to see automated?
Driving. Need a robot car.
1. You have the summer and plenty of money to travel abroad. Where all would you go?
I would actually like to see the town where I was born. What is it like there now?
2. What foods would you be sure you got to eat?
Well, since that's in England, I'd eat fish and chips.
3. What landmarks would you be sure you got to see?
Uhh... the Humber Bridge?
4. What airline would you use?
I don't know. Which one is the least bad?
5. Would your knowledge of other languages influence where you went? (i.e. would you be more likely to go to France if you spoke French)
Certainly. It'd be difficult if I couldn't order food.
1. Do you like to have music playing while you work? Why or why not? If yes, what is your favourite music or type of music to hear then?
No, I do my best work in complete silence. However, when answering Friday Five, I like to have Coast to Coast AM in the background.
2. Do you like to have music playing while you travel (walk, drive, ride, etc.)? Why or why not? If yes, what is your favourite music or type of music to hear then?
Local radio stations when driving, so that I know how to pronounce the names of towns.
3. Do you like to have music playing while you have sex? Why or why not? If yes, what is your favourite music or type of music to hear then?
I do my best work in.... uhh, let me get back to you on that.
4. Do you like to have music playing while you're relaxing or having fun? Why or why not? If yes, what is your favourite music or type of music to hear then?
Depends on what I'm doing.
5. In general, what role does music play in your daily life?
1. If a traveling food show were to visit your neighborhood, what are some unique, regional foods it would spotlight, and where would it go to get them?
Unique, regional food in Northern New Jersey?? Okay, I guess you could spotlight Texas Weiners and fries with gravy. There are many places to get those. I'm familiar with Falls View, Johnny & Hanges, Rutt's Hut, and Hot Grill.
2. On an American cable show, a celebrity chef surprises people by challenging them to a contest featuring their own specialties (he usually loses). If he challenged you to your specialty, what dish would you prepare? If he challenged someone you know, what would that dish be, and how might the competition turn out?
I can make an entire breakfast fried in bacon grease. Or, failing that, a pecan pie, slightly burnt. (if I can find that recipe book)
3. What are your feelings about cooking shows on television?
I don't watch those.
4. What kitchen gadgets have you purchased because you saw someone using them on television?
5. You get to (or have to, depending on how you feel about it) host your own food show on television. What will it be called and what's it about?
It'll likely be about one-step microwave cooking because that's what I usually do.