I shipped the boots out Wednesday morning via UPS Ground. It was a good opportunity to try that new UPS Store in the strip mall near home. I thought the store clerk handled it rather quickly. Not cheap though. The boots weigh over 5lbs so the shipping cost was a good fraction of the replacement cost. However, I do think the odds that Columbia Sportswear will replace the boots are pretty high because they told me over the phone that they've seen this kind of defect in a number of other warranty returns.
On Thursday, I got a tip from @solessence on Twitter about the post-holiday clearance sale at Target so I went to the Spring Valley Target that evening. Yes, there was indeed a 75%-off sale. There were not too many items left on clearance but I got some cold-weather clothing at just a few dollars per item. I guess I could change jackets now and then, now that I actually have more than one. :)
1. Among your friends, who could be blown over by a strong wind?
Any featherweights reading this? :)
2. What's something in your house you occasionally wind?
I have a wind-up alarm clock. It's very loud.
3. Is there some significant gossip you've recently gotten wind of?
4. Where is the windiest place you've ever been?
Jersey Shore on a stormy day.
5. What do you do, on a typical day, to unwind?
Answer Friday Five... no wait, that's only on Friday.
1. What are you doing right now?
Answering Friday Five.
2. What would you rather be doing right now?
I could go for some orange slices on ice cream. May have to crank up the heat a bit first.
3. If you'd rather be doing something else, why are you doing the thing you're doing? If you already *are* doing the thing you'd rather be doing, how did you get to that place?
Well, I have to finish answering Friday Five first.
4. What would it take for you to be able to do what you wish you were doing more often?
Retirement / downscaling.
5. Do you earn your living doing what you love, or do you earn your living in order to do what you love?
It's a mixed bag. There are things I like and things I don't like. I think that's true for any vocation.