My zodiac animal is the Ox. I'll be 36 in September.
So does the description fit? Let's see...
1. Dependability: Mostly, but I'm quick to cut engagements off that are not aligned with my goals.
2. Strength: No, sir, I don't do the bench press. :)
3. Determination: If it is worthwhile, yes.
4. Tolerant: Nope.
5. Hard work: Only if I'm interested in something.
6. Scrupulous: Yes, although as I've found out, my scruples are not always accepted by others.
7. Capable of trusting others: Not so much. Maintain distance for a pretty long time.
8. Listen to opinions with an open mind: Hah!
9. Making decisions based on own research: Yes, all the time.
10. Favor strong, life-long alliances to casual acquaintances: I've never had life-long alliances.
11. Home is where Oxen go to seek comfort: Yes, doesn't everyone?
12. Prefer the rural outdoors: If there are geocaches. :)
13. Working in the garden or caring for the yard: Never do that nowadays.
14. Strong individuals who overall are healthy: Mostly but there are significant health issues.
15. Tend to work too much, rarely allowing themselves enough time to relax: My leisure time is more work than work itself.
16. Prefer work that is routine: No, boring.
17. Excel in jobs that are specialized: How specialized is writing software?
18. More productive when allowed to work alone: Yes!
19. Rarely participate in group activities: Oh, because I don't attend so many conventions, right?
20. They abhor small talk and won't waste their time flirting: What's this "flirting" you speak of? :)
21. Search long and hard for the perfect partner: Not really searching.
22. Relationships with Oxen don't always work out: I'll let you know when there is one. :)