Happy Chinese New Year! The Year of the Ox starts today. What is your Chinese zodiac animal? Do you think you fit the description of the sign?
My zodiac animal is the Ox. I'll be 36 in September.
So does the description fit? Let's see...
1. Dependability: Mostly, but I'm quick to cut engagements off that are not aligned with my goals.
2. Strength: No, sir, I don't do the bench press. :)
3. Determination: If it is worthwhile, yes.
4. Tolerant: Nope.
5. Hard work: Only if I'm interested in something.
6. Scrupulous: Yes, although as I've found out, my scruples are not always accepted by others.
7. Capable of trusting others: Not so much. Maintain distance for a pretty long time.
8. Listen to opinions with an open mind: Hah!
9. Making decisions based on own research: Yes, all the time.
10. Favor strong, life-long alliances to casual acquaintances: I've never had life-long alliances.
11. Home is where Oxen go to seek comfort: Yes, doesn't everyone?
12. Prefer the rural outdoors: If there are geocaches. :)
13. Working in the garden or caring for the yard: Never do that nowadays.
14. Strong individuals who overall are healthy: Mostly but there are significant health issues.
15. Tend to work too much, rarely allowing themselves enough time to relax: My leisure time is more work than work itself.
16. Prefer work that is routine: No, boring.
17. Excel in jobs that are specialized: How specialized is writing software?
18. More productive when allowed to work alone: Yes!
19. Rarely participate in group activities: Oh, because I don't attend so many conventions, right?
20. They abhor small talk and won't waste their time flirting: What's this "flirting" you speak of? :)
21. Search long and hard for the perfect partner: Not really searching.
22. Relationships with Oxen don't always work out: I'll let you know when there is one. :)