I noticed that the Coastal gas station in Westwood has a sign saying that it's going to change to Volero, the environment-friendly gas. Huh?? The only other Volero station I know of is in West Islip, NY.
And now... The Friday 5:
1. Do you like talking on the phone? Why or why not?
Not particularly, probably because I'm not very talkative and using the handset for long periods of time causes ear-sweat. (Okay, I don't think anyone wanted to know that!)
2. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?
Matt Purdy of the NY Times for the newjerseygasprices.com interview. Haven't used the phone in the two days since.
3. About how many telephones do you have at home?
One. Maybe two, if I count an old cell phone that's still activated that I leave at home.
4. Have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? What happened?
Can't say I have unless you count telemarketers calling at dinnertime. (Some call at breakfast. That's just despicable.)
5. Would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? Why or why not?
I prefer e-mail or IM if the other person is online. I just find it easier to write out what I want to tell someone. If a hotel has online reservations, I'll reserve online because over the phone, I end up having to spell everything and that's annoying. But the phone has its place too if I'm calling ahead for food orders or straps of dollar bills. Use the right tool for the job.