Who’s not as funny as he or she thinks?
Do I have to go down that list?
- Anyone who thinks being loud equals being funny. (That includes both people who yell and people who post to the web in ALL CAPS.)
- Anyone who thinks that peppering a narrative with expletives makes it a comedy routine.
- Anyone who posts "First!" in comments.
- Anyone who saran wraps the toilet bowl on April Fools' Day.
- Anyone who uses racial stereotypes in a comedy routine.
- All the jokers on the internet who turned the story about that kid committing suicide into a meme because of a spelling error in his suicide note.
- Since we're on that, anyone who intentionally misspells words.
- Anyone who answers Friday Five.
What’s not as big a deal as everyone else seems to think?
Getting a big tax refund. I know most people look forward to this every year, but if you lowered your tax withholding and kept the difference, that's the same thing, except that you have the opportunity to invest or save the money instead of letting the government keep it interest-free.
What’s something people aren’t concerned enough about?
The Federal fiscal gap.
What’s something in the grocery store that’s underrated?
Generic brand and store brand items. Those are not all bad.
What do you pay too much attention to?
Gas prices. It doesn't really affect my bottom line that much but it still feels good to fill up at the lowest price in the state.
What’s your favorite kind of cracker?
Shrimp crackers or fish crackers.
What part of your residence gets the best natural lighting?
The guest room. It has windows on two sides.
What song have you frequently listened to lately?
I don't think I've listened to any one song more than any others recently.
What could you use a little break from?
This is a little break.
What’s going on in your town this weekend?
Ice storm and rain, probably.